MAST: A Tradition of Industrial Excellence
The Manufacturers Association of the Southern Tier has a long, distinguished, and unique history. Founded in 1900, the association was one of the first organizations of its kind and became a model for similar groups throughout the United States.
MAST takes great pride in its tradition of and commitment to industrial excellence throughout New York’s Southern Tier. MAST’s history is rooted in absolute dedication to helping area manufacturers develop, grow, and ultimately thrive.
Through collaboration with key stakeholders and hard work, MAST remains at the forefront of strengthening the area’s manufacturing foundation for generations to come. Manufacturing is the backbone of the Southern Tier’s economy, supporting thousands of jobs — and by extension, families — in dozens of communities.
In representing a membership of over 110 manufacturing operations employing more than 8,600, MAST’s efforts center around nurturing an environment where manufacturing prospers. The association continues its work to facilitate communication among its members, provide opportunities for workforce development, and maintain strong working relationships with the region’s government leaders in our advocacy efforts.
What We Stand For
The Manufacturers Association is a proactive leader committed to enhancing the economic strength of the region. The Association promotes the common interests of its membership, develops services that benefit its members and is a primary resource for information and assisting in the promotion in manufacturing excellence and innovation in a global economy.
The Manufacturers Association is a dynamic, flexible and strong organization with established regional partnerships focused on serving the needs of manufacturers.
- We achieve our mission through the development of information and services of benefit to members and the geographic area in which they operate.
- We promote and host cross-functional communications with our membership on specific issues by using sub-committee structures.
- We drive change by communicating and coordinating with the local, state and federal government, and agencies in response to our membership needs. We work with the government and various organizations to define and address the economic development needs of the manufacturing community with emphasis on efficiencies and cost reduction efforts helping the retention of existing and the creation of new businesses.
- We work with various organizations and agencies to define training that is available to manufacturers and seek to create programs that meet the specific training needs that are not fulfilled by existing institutions by developing linkages and partnerships with schools and agencies.
- We see our youth as an extremely valuable resource to our area and work with them to foster an understanding of manufacturing and career opportunities.
- We play a proactive role in creating high quality, accessible and affordable health care by partnering with other organizations seeking to attain the same objective.